W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > May 2006

[Minutes] webcgm teleconf 2006/05/31l

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:08:05 +0200
Message-ID: <447DDB85.8060602@w3.org>
To: public-webcgm-wg@w3.org


2006/05/31l WebCGM minutes are available at
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/Minutes/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html

(I have edited the main title (remove draft mention).

and available as text format following

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------

                             WebCGM Minutes

31 May 2006

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006May/0015.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Dave Cruikshank
           Stuart Galt
           Don Larson
           Thierry Michel
           Dieter Weidenbruck

    Regrets
    Chair
           Lofton Henderson

    Scribe
           Benoit Bezaire

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Decide regular telecon schedule
          2. [6]Sources and resources -- reading:
          3. [7]WG logistics
          4. [8]Progressing to Last Call
          5. [9]Coordination with other forums
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <Benoit> useful link about RRSAgent:
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent#minutes

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent#minutes

    <Benoit> Scribe: Benoit

    <scribe> ScribeNick: BB

    <thierry> a comment like this

    <lofton> IRC can be used to make comments while on the telecon:
    lofton makes a comment

    <thierry> presentation around the table

    <Benoit> Lofton is introducing himself as Chair of the WebCGM WG

    <Benoit> Dave Cruikshank from Boeing

    <Benoit> Stuat Galt also from Boeing (works with Dave)

    <Benoit> Don Larson, working with CGM in various industries (has an
    implementation)

    <Benoit> Dieter Weidenbruck, from Itedo Software (has an
    implementation), working with CGM for 12+ years

    <Benoit> Benoit Bezaire, also from Itedo Software (working on
    CGM/SVG related projects)

    <Benoit> Thierry Michel, (in Sophia Antipolis, FR), W3C team
    contact, working for W3C for many years (new to Graphics)

Decide regular telecon schedule

    <lofton> agenda:
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006May/001
    5.html

      [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006May/0015.html

    <Benoit> LH: telecon schedule...

    <Benoit> LH: Thursdays 10:30 - 12:00 seems like the best time

    <Benoit> LH: would that work for everyone?

    <Benoit> DL: works for me.

    <Benoit> BB: fine.

    <Benoit> DC: ok

    <Benoit> SG: ok.

    <Benoit> DW: ok.

    <thierry> OK

    <Benoit> LH: next week only, would Wed work?

    <Benoit> DW: Wed would be ok (silence form others)

    <Benoit> LH: I'll try to solve my conflict for next week, lets leave
    it on Thursday for now

Sources and resources -- reading:

    <Benoit> LH: Thierry, some people are new to W3C Working Groups, do
    you have pointers for us?

    <thierry> [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/webcgm-charter.html

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2006/03/webcgm-charter.html

    <Benoit> TM: The group has a duration of a year; look at the
    Deliverables; we also have to coordinate with other groups.

    <lofton> (lofton reminder to self to join Hypertext Coord Grp)

    <Benoit> TM: DOM and Accessibility will probably be the main
    dependencies

    <Benoit> TM: the working group is operating in public mode; the
    mailing list is public.

    <Benoit> TM: weekly telecon of 90 mins

    <thierry> [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/

    <Benoit> TM: To preserve your good standing status; you must attend
    telecons on a regular basis (and send regrets if you are not
    attending).

    <Benoit> all, should be reading the W3C Process document.

    <Benoit> TM: if you have questions about the Process document, don't
    hesitate to ask me.

    <thierry> [15]http://www.w3.org/Guide/

      [15] http://www.w3.org/Guide/

    <Benoit> TM: this link talks about the Guidebook document

    <Benoit> TM: also a *should* read.

    <Benoit> LH: people should focus on this part of the Process
    document:
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#GAGeneral

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#GAGeneral

    <Benoit> TM: how many editors will be involved, how many authors,
    how is it edited?

    <Benoit> LH: currently using Amaya to edit.

    <Benoit> LH: we had three editors (Dave, myself and Benoit) but I'm
    the only one currently editing.

    <Benoit> TM: ok, having one editor will make things easier.

WG logistics

    <Benoit> LH: Thierry points out that real time minutes are draft
    minutes, they can be worked on later.

    <Benoit> TM: I'd like to suggest that we use IRC all the time, the
    official scribe can use IRC or not, the official scribe will then
    update the minutes with the IRC log.

    <Benoit> LH: minutes should be posted 24 hours after a telecon

    <Benoit> TM: minutes should mostly contain actions and resolutions
    (instead of all the dialogs)

    <Benoit> TM: I'm not yet familiar with Tracker, but I'll be happy to
    give it a try (this is the time, new group)

    <Benoit> BB: Tracker seems to prevent issues from getting lost.

    <Benoit> ACTION: TM to contact Dean about Tracker [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action01]

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action01

    <Benoit> ACTION: TM to contact Amy for setting up the bridge (TH,
    10:30-12:00) [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action02]

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action02

Progressing to Last Call

    <Benoit> LH: everyone except TM has seen the errata document from
    Boeing

    <Benoit>
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006May/001
    0.html

      [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006May/0010.html

    <Benoit> LH: do we think we should apply those corrections before
    going to Last Call?

    <Benoit> DW: ok.

    <Benoit> DC: I agree.

    <Benoit> BB: I agree as well.

    <Benoit> SG: same.

    <Benoit> LH: no objections?

    <Benoit> Resolution: apply Boeing's proposed changes before going to
    Last Call

Coordination with other forums

    <Benoit> LH: TM mentioned that the coordination will done after
    publishing last call, and I tend to agree.

    <Benoit> TM: usually there are drafts before LC, but other groups
    mostly provide feedback when LC is published.

    <Benoit> LH: These are the things we need to do before going to LC:
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transition?docstatus=lc-wd-tr

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transition?docstatus=lc-wd-tr

    <Benoit> TM: once the text follows the pub rules, then we request
    publication, we need to request a minimum of 4 weeks for review

    <Benoit> TM: during summer time, the review period is sometimes
    longer

    <Benoit> TM: a meeting with the director is required.

    <Benoit> TM: we need an agreement from the Group to publish it.

    <Benoit> TM: this is my area, I'll do most of the work here.

    <Benoit> TM: request for publication may take 5 days, the meeting
    with the director may take a few days.

    <Benoit> LH: I'm trying to anticipate a F2F date to process the LC
    comments

    <lofton> Chris's constraints: before Aug. 3, or after Aug. 21

    <Benoit> DC: end of Aug ok, I think I have a meeting in Europe 2nd
    week of Sept.

    <Benoit> TM: end of Aug is fine.

    <Benoit> TM: how many days for the F2F?

    <Benoit> LH: 3 days, possibly 4.

    <Benoit> TM: I need to look at the delta between WebCGM 1 and WebCGM
    2, that could reflect the number of comments we get.

    <Benoit> TM: also, not all comments need to be addressed during a
    F2F, many can be resolved in email.

    <Benoit> DW: I think 3 days should be ok.

    <Benoit> LH: Items 23 and 24 of the Boeing document need to be
    resolved.

    <Benoit> ACTION: LH to send proposal for Item 23 [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action03]

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action03

    <Benoit> ACTION: LH and BB to work on a proposal for Item 24 of the
    Boeing document [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action04]

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action04

    <Benoit> TM: LH, when do you expect to have a LC document?

    <Benoit> LH: Let's try to get a candidate Last Call for June 7th.

    <Benoit> ACTION: TM to produce a SOTD [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action05]

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action05

    <lofton> ACTION: LH to liaise with Chris & Thierry about Copyrights
    and cover page. [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action06]

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action06

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: LH and BB to work on a proposal for Item 24 of the
    Boeing document [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: LH to liaise with Chris & Thierry about Copyrights and
    cover page. [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: LH to send proposal for Item 23 [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: TM to contact Amy for setting up the bridge (TH,
    10:30-12:00) [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: TM to contact Dean about Tracker [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: TM to produce a SOTD [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action05]

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action04
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action06
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action03
      [28] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action02
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action01
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html#action05

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version 1.127
     ([32]CVS log)
     $Date: 2006/05/31 18:03:45 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127  of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03
Check for newer version at [33]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Chris/Chris & Thierry/
Found Scribe: Benoit
Inferring ScribeNick: Benoit
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching previous ScribeNick pattern: <B
B> ...
Found ScribeNick: BB
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <BB> ...

WARNING: 1 scribe lines found (out of 110 total lines.)
Are you sure you specified a correct ScribeNick?

ScribeNicks: BB, Benoit

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: BB Benoit DC DL DW LH SG ScribeNick Stuart TM dwc joi
ned lofton thierry webcgm
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
         <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
         <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Ma
y/0015.html
Got date from IRC log name: 31 May 2006
Guessing minutes URL: [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.h
tml
People with action items: bb lh tm

      [34] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006May/0015.html
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/31-webcgm-minutes.html

    End of [36]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm




-- 
Thierry Michel
W3C
Received on Wednesday, 31 May 2006 18:08:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:19:08 GMT