Re: namespace URI and related

Lofton,

W3C policy is set in the following document "URIs for W3C Namespaces".
This should help to resolve your issue.
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri

1- Director approval of a namespace URI is NOT REQUIRED when the URI has
the form http://www.w3.org/YYYY/MM/ssss.

2- Director approval is REQUIRED for all other namespace URIs. In
particular:
     * For specifications that are likely to be widely used, the
Director MAY authorize a (shorter) namespace URI of the form
http://www.w3.org/YYYY/ssss.
     * The Director MAY authorize a group to use a namespace URI that
does not begin with http://www.w3.org/. The Director expects the
organization that allocates the URI to have a clear persistence policy
associated with the URI, to make a commitment to longevity of service,
and to provide information about how the URI will be maintained in the
event of the demise of the host organization.

TM.

--
Thierry Michel
W3C