Proposed text for Steven Pemberton comment [corrected]

[...corrected...]

WebCGM WG --

In satisfaction of my Action Item, here is the complete proposed text of
the Abstract.  The first paragraph is modified by the new first sentence
and the smoothing out of the remainder of the paragraph:

Current 1st paragraph:

[[[
WebCGM — first published (1.0) in 1999 followed by a second (errata)
release in 2001 — unifies potentially diverse approaches to CGM utilization
in Web document applications, and therefore represents a significant
interoperability agreement amongst major users and implementers of the ISO
CGM standard. WebCGM finds significant application especially in technical
illustration, electronic documentation, and geophysical data visualization,
amongst other application areas.
]]]

Proposed 1st paragraph:

[[[
WebCGM is a graphics standard optimized for Web applications in technical
illustration, electronic documentation, geophysical data visualization, and
similar fields.  First published (1.0) in 1999 and followed by a second
(errata) release in 2001, WebCGM unifies potentially diverse approaches to
CGM utilization in Web document applications.  It therefore represents a
significant interoperability agreement amongst major users and implementers
of the ISO CGM standard.
]]]

The remainder of the Abstract is unchanged:

[[[
WebCGM 2.0 adds a DOM (API) specification for programmatic access to WebCGM
objects, and a specification of an XML Companion File (XCF) architecture,
for externalization of non-graphical metadata. WebCGM 2.0, in addition,
builds upon and extends the graphical and intelligent content of WebCGM
1.0, delivering functionality that was forecast for WebCGM 1.0, but was
postponed in order to get the standard and its implementations to users
expeditiously.

The design criteria for WebCGM aim at a balance between graphical
expressive power on the one hand, and simplicity and implementability on
the other. A small but powerful set of standardized metadata elements
supports the functionalities of hyperlinking and document navigation,
picture structuring and layering, and enabling search and query of WebCGM
picture content.
]]]

Comments and suggestions welcome.  (On any part of the Abstract.)

-Lofton.