Re: Transition Request: Web Authentication to Proposed Recommendation

[trimmed CC list]

On 9/27/18 8:05 AM, Philippe Le Hégaret wrote:

> On 9/26/2018 1:06 PM, Adam Powers wrote:
>> Regarding WPTs: the WebAuthn API depends on external authenticator
>> hardware or browser-specific mocks that are enabled via flags. Since
>> those flags / hardware are not used during the running of the
>> automated tests you will most likely see these failures for the
>> foreseeable future.
>
> Unless the tests are believed to be irrelevant or deprecated, the
> Director will need to see a report that show the test results.

PLH reminded me that he has not seen an answer to the above.

Since (some of?) the automated WPTs are failing: do we have a test
report from doing these WPTs with external authenticators?  Or can we
make a case that these WPTs are irrelevant?

-- Sam