AW: Follow-up on Privacy CA discussions.

I have added my comments.

Von: Dirk Balfanz [mailto:balfanz@google.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 12. November 2017 00:38
An: John Bradley; Jeff Hodges (JeffH); Rolf Lindemann; Jeffrey Yasskin
Cc: Adam Langley; W3C Web Authn WG
Betreff: Re: Follow-up on Privacy CA discussions.

H there,

I updated PR 636 according to this consensus: https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/636

Jeff, Rolf - can you take another look?

Jeffrey Y - can you take a look at the client processing rules I added? I'm not sure I'm doing that right.

Dirk

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 9:39 AM John Bradley <jbradley@yubico.com> wrote:

Thanks Adam.

I do also agree that developing a improved attestation format for a future release of CTAP eg 2.1 should also be on the table.  We have a bunch of formats now as it is.

I think a format that contains a self signed part without the AAGUID, and a separate cert or JWS signed by the batch cert containing the public key and AAGUID may have advantages without significant overhead.

I am happy to work on that with you.

Regards

John B.