----- Original Message -----
From: Vijay Bharadwaj <vijaybh@microsoft.com>
To: jeff.hodges@paypal.com, rbarnes@mozilla.com, tonynad@microsoft.com
CC: public-webauthn@w3.org
At: 09-Mar-2016 18:41:24

Tony beat me to this one.

This seems to add unnecessary cognitive overhead for web developers. They have to just know that if they want to support those flashy dongles with the FIDO logo,  they need to use “ScopedSignature” (having a CredentialType enum value include Credential in its name seems like a redundant bit of redundancy) in their code. Moreover, using “FIDO” as an enum value in no way prevents the existence of other possible enum values.  The API names and namespaces remain generic after all.