Re: [webauthn] TAG review feedback: Align Credential interface with Credential Management?

On 7/5/16, 11:59 PM, "Vijay Bharadwaj via GitHub" <sysbot+gh@w3.org> wrote:
>My understanding of the current consensus on this one is that we
>believe this alignment no longer makes sense.

we should clearly articulate why we feel this is the case and perhaps note
it in the spec, e.g., in a design decision section. for example..

  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6797#appendix-A

..and also engage Mike West on the topic (cc'd)

>So I propose to:
>- Move this interface from the global window namespace to the
>navigator namespace to reduce pollution of the global namespace

ok.  are there overall guidelines somewhere wrt what goes in which
namespaces? (just curious...)

>- Rename interface Credential to ScopedCredential to fix the name
>collision with Credential Management.

ok.

>- Possibly rename CredentialType to version to make it clearer what
>this field signifies (since ScopedCredential is itself arguably a
>credential type and ScopedCredentialType is unwieldy)

I've been thinking about this and will fork a separate thread for it.

=JeffH