Re: Mapping out the U2F Attestation Format

We're in the process of defining a U2F attestation format.  We're just slow.

I'm thinking that we just shouldn't include an authenticatorData at all
(like it should be null) for a ScopedCredentialInfo object that's generated
by a U2F device.  It seems to both serve no purpose and require crazy UX.
I'm trying to recall what purpose the authenticatorData serves in the
makeCredential response.  I guess it's proof that the authenticator
actually has the private key that it claims to have generated?  But if we
don't have that, I'm not convinced that things will fall apart -- I don't
see any vulnerability that it induces.

Thanks!
-Alexei

 . Alexei Czeskis .:. Securineer .:. 317.698.4740 .