Re: HTML WG last call comment on http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/

> Thanks  for your earlier response to me.  I took the liberty of
> forwarding to the TAGs member-only list [1].
>
> You indicated the HTML-WGs need to see the proposed wording in context.
> Subsequento our F2F, the relevant section has been updated in our
> current editors draft and is available at [2] .
>
> We believe that the changes are responsive to HTML-WGs comment [3] and
> we would like to know, ASAP , whether the HTML-WG agrees.

I am afraid not. They responded very strongly that it is not acceptable to
recommend a spec that has not reached consensus within W3C. They object in
particular to the wording "[XLink] is an appropriate specification" and
"Designers of XML-based formats should consider using XLink".

Sorry.

Steven Pemberton
On behalf of the HTML WG