Re: KD005 URI ownership

Le 15 oct. 2004, à 15:27, Norman Walsh a écrit :
> The question of who "owns" a domain name strikes me as a legal issue
> more
> than an architectural one. The webarch document extolls the virtues of
> URI persistence and explains the notion of ownership, and the rights
> and
> responsibilities that are associated with it, in a way that I think is
> satisfactory.
>
> Are there any specific changes you would like to suggest to the text?

There was a long thread about that topic on the list. I still don't
agree with the notion of ownership.

Or if I would like to find an idea of consensus on this issue, it would
be good to explain and define precisely what the TAG means by
"ownership"

[[[
	It is useful for a URI scheme to establish a unique relationship
between a social entity and a URI; this is the case for the "http",
"mailto", "ftp", and "urn" schemes, for example. This relationship is
called URI ownership.
]]]- http://w3c.test.site/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/#def-uri-ownership

And
[[[
URI ownership
The relationship between assigning agent and URI that is defined by a
URI scheme.
]]]

I think that would be worthwhile to define ownership precisely, clearly
BEFORE to discuss any kind of agreement on this issue.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***