Re: KD 002 [was: Comments on Web Arch WD - 2004-07-05]

Le 22 sept. 2004, à 16:29, Norman Walsh a écrit :
> | * KD 002
> | Global identification. This is a very important point which is a lot
> | wider than identification in terms of URI but relies on the social
> | benefits of shared decision (mostly by consensus). The Web can work
> | because there's one XHTML not because there are two competing
> | solutions. Trying to always bring the competing solutions in one and
> | unique forum is better than having to fight outside on implementation
> | taking the users in hostage.
>
> Hi Karl,
>
> The TAG discussed this comment on 13 Sep, but we really weren't sure
> what
> you meant. Could you explain what you mean in a little more detail?
> Thanks.

Simply :) what you are saying about URI (and then identification) is
valid for all languages defined on the Web.

"""
In order to communicate internally, a community agrees (to a reasonable
extent) on a set of terms and their meanings. One design goal for the
Web, from its inception, has been to build a global community in which
any party can share information with any other party.
"""

I would not only stress that is valid for URIs but that is very
important for *any* standards made on the Web.
	XFoo is useful because it has been decided at consensus with the wider
community possible.

It's good to have agreement on identification, it's also fondamental
for languages which define application on the Web.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***