Request for Review of TAG AWWW 2nd LC Draft.

From: Williams, Stuart <skw@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:45:33 +0100
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: public-webarch-comments@w3.org

Pat,

The TAG has been working to address some of the concerns that you raised in

In particular, we now explicitly state that "We do not limit the scope of
what might be a resource", and we introduce a term for the class of
resources that can be interacted with via an exchange of representations -
"information resources". This is an attempt to resolve the 'C'/'D' sense
ambiguities in the use of terms that you identify.

A couple of extracts from the now 2nd LC draft [2] below.

We would appreciate your review of this draft and an indication of whether
you feel we have addressed the comments you made in [1].

Best regards

Stuart Williams
On Behalf of W3C TAG
--
[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/2004JanMar/1057.

"2.2. URI/Resource Relationships

By design a URI identifies one resource. We do not limit the scope of what
might be a resource. The term "resource" is used in a general sense for
whatever might be identified by a URI. A significant class of resources,
information resources, are discussed in Information Resources and
Representations [section 3.1]."

and
"3.1. Information Resources and Representations
The term Information Resource refers to resources that convey information.
Any resource that has a representation is an information resource. A
representation consists logically of two parts: data (expressed in one or
more formats used separately or in combination) and metadata (such as the
Internet media type of the data)."