Re: Please don't point to as yet empty Issues

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:50:46 -0500
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Cc: public-webarch-comments@w3.org
On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 13:08, Martin Duerst wrote:
> This is a specific example of a somewhat more general problem,
> namely the way Issues (and Findings) are referenced in WebArch,
> giving virtually no information about how these relate to the
> text.
>
> Section 2.6 points to issue DerivedResources-43. When I'm finally
> there (not easy because I'm starting from a print copy,
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?type=1#DerivedResources-43),
> the only thing I see is 'raised' and 'accepted'. So why should I
> go there in the first place? And how can the authors guarantee
> that this issue will indeed be relevant?
>
> I propose to not point to issues that don't have reached a
> certain maturity (in which case pointing to the finding is
> probably better).

Hi Martin,

Section 1.1.2 states:

  "Since the findings evolve independently, this document also includes
references to approved TAG findings. For other TAG issues covered by
this document but without an approved finding, references are to entries
in the TAG issues list."

The TAG explicitly resolved to not refer to draft findings.

 _ Ian
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447