Re: Strange abbreviation in References

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 04:44, Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:
> Picking a few more minor nits in References:
>
> The IRI reference says [3]:
>
>   IRI
>     IETF Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs), M. Duerst,
>     M. Suignard, Nov 2002. This IETF Internet Draft is available at
>     http://www.w3.org/International/iri-edit/draft-duerst-iri.html.
>     If this document is no longer available, refer to the home page
>     for Editing 'Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)'.
>
> It is indeed spelled "Duerst" in that Internet Draft, but in "Authors'
> Addresses" section the author noted as follows [4]:
>
>    (Note: Please write "Duerst" with u-umlaut wherever possible, for
>     example as "Dürst in XML and HTML.)
>
> I'd suggest to respect his wish.

Yep.

> The P3P10 reference [5] says "M. Marchiori, Editors", but there seems
> to be only one editor.

Dom, that improper plural also seems to be coming from the extractor.

> There are references to IETF RFCs, but some of them refer to www.ietf.org
> and others refer to www.rfc-editor.org .  The latter seems authoritative,
> but in any case, I'd suggest to refer to RFCs consistently.

I hadn't realized that one domain was more authoritative than
the other. I prefer ietf.org since it's shorter. I'll make them
consistent with that unless I hear strong opinions that we
should use the other one.

Thanks again,

 _ Ian

> [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20031209/#IRI
> [4] http://www.w3.org/International/iri-edit/draft-duerst-iri.html#rfc.authors
> [5] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20031209/#P3P10
>
> Regards,
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447