Re: Manifest Comparison

Thanks!

Some notes:

1. Basic: W3C has a version attribute
2. Language: W3C has a defaultLocale attribute; most elements in the manifest are localised, as is the content
3. View Type: W3C has width and height attributes, and there is also the ViewModes spec
4. "Approval" (not sure why its called that): Param is a property of a feature
5. Policy: W3C WARP is the spec here, with the <access> element

I also produced a (now outdated) comparison of W3C and OpenSocial comparison. However, in terms of stores and marketplaces, Apache Rave supports both, as do several stores it works with, as the discovery metadata is pretty much identical.

There also some utllities out there that can convert various web widgets (e.g. netvibes, old style Opera widgets) to W3C.