From: Kingsley Idehen [mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:14 AM
To: public-rww@w3.org
Subject: Re: Early Prototype -- Web App Market

On 8/28/12 3:26 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
Now that the RWW is starting to have social systems based on Web Standards (REST, HTTP, Linked Data) I thought it would be a good idea to have a place holder for apps that can be deployed to the Web.

The three advantages of this are:

  *   Showcase some existing apps
  *   Allow users to add more functionality to their social experience
  *   Add payment technology so that authors can be incentivized more

I've started an early prototype for these two which I'll be fleshing out over time.

http://webappmarket.org/

This is a non commercial open website, donated to the community.  It's based on wordpress to show a portfolio of apps.  And also the payswarm wordpress plugin as a proof of concept for payments.  Currently payments are working with the dev payswarm authority.

There are many app markets out there today,

  *   Ubuntu app market
  *   IOS App market
  *   Android app market
  *   Microsoft app merkt
  *   Facebook app center
  *   OpenSocial
  *   Twitter apps
  *   app.net<http://app.net>
  *   Chrome app store
  *   Mozilla app store
  *   5apps

To name a few.  The hope is to make, via HTML5 and the Open Web Platform a growing ecosystem which will be the intersection of app markets.

There should be no censorship, but spam and malware should be removed.

Once you have Web-scale verifiable identity you kill off the effects of spam. Ditto malware. These irritations only exist today due to the Internet's identity flaw :-)

[SNIP]

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen