Re: CfC to transition MIX to PR.

Thanks Mike!

Great to get this moving toward Rec. Do you or anyone else in the group
want to write a blog post to tell the world about mixed content?

We also have the opportunity to do some more publicity when the spec
goes to Recommendation. Would any orgs be interested in giving
testimonials (quotes for a press release) on the subject?

I expect we'd be looking at publishing MIX as Recommendation in January
2020 (after AC review).

--Wendy

On 11/25/19 07:21, Mike West wrote:
> Following up on this, just a _wee_ bit later than expected:
> https://github.com/w3c/transitions/issues/193.
>
> -mike
>

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 9:20 AM Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey folks!
>>
>> MIX has been sitting around as CR for over two years now. I believe we
>> agreed in last year's TPAC to advance it once we aligned on behavior for
>> prefetch (tests
>> <https://wpt.fyi/results/mixed-content/link-prefetch-tag?label=experimental>),
>> and to close the `<track>` issue at
>> https://github.com/w3c/webappsec-mixed-content/issues/13 as WontFix,
>> aiming for tightening the behavior for `<audio>` and `<video>` in MIX2
>> rather than loosening anything in MIX1. I didn't actually follow up on any
>> of that (except insofar as we did change Chrome's behavior to match
>> Firefox's (and the spec) for prefetch!).
>>
>> At this point, I think it's past time that we called MIX done. I've
>> created https://github.com/w3c/webappsec-mixed-content/issues/15 to
>> discuss transitioning to PR.
>>
>> Please comment there within the next two weeks (e.g. by Friday, September
>> 14th) if you have opinions on the matter. :) If the CfC passes, Dan and I
>> will put together a transition request for the AC to chew on to finalize
>> the transition.
>>
>> -mike

Strategy Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)