Re: WebAppSec Teleconference Timing and Techniques.

> On Feb 25, 2019, at 1:43 AM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
>
> Hey folks,
>
> As discussed on the last call <https://www.w3.org/2019/02/20-webappsec-minutes.html#item03>, I'd like for us to think a little bit about how we're using our time on our calls, and whether it might be reasonable to make some changes. Three come to mind:
>
> 1.  I've heard from some folks (including me!) that the current timeslot isn't working well. It's early for California, dinnertime in central Europe, and the middle of the night across Asia. Perhaps it's reasonable to consider a shift, and perhaps even a rotation between time-zones to allow access to more folks. As a concrete suggestion to start a conversation: I'd generally prefer 11:00 Pacific, 20:00 CET (as my kids will safely be in bed). How unworkable would that be for folks who care about the calls?

11:00 am Pacific works for me.

> 2.  Audio-only conference calls are somewhat awkward. It might be nice to try out something that includes video/screen-sharing for somewhat more lively conversations (while, of course, retaining audio-only options for folks that would prefer for us not to have a camera in their house!). I suspect that there's a diversity of preferences in this group: Vidyo, Skype, etc. Hangouts are simplest for me personally, but I'm willing to try just about anything that works on a Chromebook: the TAG is apparently having success with https://appear.in/ <https://appear.in/>, for instance?

I’m willing to try appear.in.

For those who care, the https://appear.in/ <https://appear.in/> page loads third-party JavaScript from Google Ads Services, Google Tag Manager, DoubleClick, Stripe, and Google Analytics. In addition to this, it makes CORS requests to Amplitude and loads a tracking pixel from google.com <http://google.com/>.

> 3.  Scribing in IRC is a pain in the butt. While it's nice to be able to rely upon the W3C's tooling for autopublication of minutes after a meeting, other groups have been successful with more dynamic methods. The TAG, for instance, has been using Cryptpad to take collaborative notes during a meeting (https://cryptpad.w3ctag.org/code/#/2/code/view/PgABV3fUQYNx4vTY8-dCiaaBGUqfwu+jwduYlO6Lzao/ <https://cryptpad.w3ctag.org/code/#/2/code/view/PgABV3fUQYNx4vTY8-dCiaaBGUqfwu+jwduYlO6Lzao/>), and then posting the final result to GitHub (https://github.com/w3ctag/meetings/blob/gh-pages/2019/02-tokyo/02-07-minutes.md <https://github.com/w3ctag/meetings/blob/gh-pages/2019/02-tokyo/02-07-minutes.md>). That's a model that makes sense to me. Perhaps we could try it out?

https://cryptpad.w3ctag.org <https://cryptpad.w3ctag.org/> appears to be a single trust page. Yay!

   Regards, John