Re: Blocking high-risk non-secure downloads

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 11:30 AM Emily Stark <estark@google.com> wrote:

> Over in Chrome land, we've been considering how to drive down non-secure
> downloads, particularly high-risk ones like executables. I wanted to see if
> other browsers would be interested in joining us on this adventure.

I would be very happy to push in this direction, limited by the amount of
breakage and user-pushback we can expect. Any statistics you can share
would be a huge help. Insecure downloads from the secure sites of companies
who ought to know better are distressingly common ("but the executables are
signed!").
-Dan Veditz