Re: which algorithm do we use for copying buffer sources in dictionaries?

Sorry for the delay. See inline:

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 7:24 PM =JeffH <Jeff.Hodges@kingsmountain.com>
wrote:

> On 10/23/2018 1:29 AM, J.C. Jones wrote:
>
>  > Particularly, everything in the dictionary is passed by reference
>  > when we go async, except for buffers which are cloned.
>
> hm, sorry, I'm confused (probably due to my ignorance), in part because
> <https://heycam.github.io/webidl/#idl-dictionaries> says "Dictionaries
> are always passed by value."

Interesting. Probably I misunderstand what is happening inside this part of
Firefox, but obviously we must respect the spec.

> wrt "except for buffers which are cloned", are you referring to how the
> [=create a copy of any buffer sources' data=] works or something else
> (eg how FF works internally?)

Both. Internally, I explicitly copy the buffers, and from prior comments
Edge and Chrome do as well.

>  > A "deep copy" would suggest we should make some code changes to how
>  > WebAuthn is called by Credential Management. At least how I read
>  > it.
>
> by "code changes" you mean actual FF code changes?

I no longer know what I was talking about. I retract my comment above. :)

Cheers,
J.C.