Re: Cookie controls?

I think my primary use-case is covered if we define a way to allow servers
and/or origins to force Cookies to conform to the Origin model.  (Being
able to indicate that cookies are prohibited on an Origin is perhaps a
secondary use-case.)

Providing an ability to constrain cookies to the Origin model for a given
Origin (and/or to prohibit them entirely) would help normalize some of the
pain associated with cookies.
Defining a simple header focused specifically on this use-case as part of
6265bis might be be one possible path, and that aligns with some of the
other goals of 6265bis (eg, the introduction of __Host cookies).  For
example, a response header of:

    Limit-Cookies: origin
    Limit-Cookies: none

that would either be a sticky attribute to that origin and/or host (likely
up to some expiry) or would apply to any active content resulting from the
object associated with that response header.

The challenge is that there's no way for a server to constrain all cookies
to be __Host cookies (or otherwise be same-origin cookies) as javascript
running within that origin context can choose to set cookies on something
broader than the Origin.

       Erik