Re: Proposal: https://example.com/.well-known/modify-credentials

Hey John!

I think this is a pretty reasonable thing to do, and I'll chat with
Chrome's password management folks to see if they're interested in the
same. Have you thought about how you'd expose this functionality to your
user? I suppose you'd need to prefetch the endpoint to see if it returned
anything useful, for example?

That said, I share Brad's opinion that it would be possible to do a bit
more if we have server-side cooperation, and that there's real value in
creating more opportunities for that kind of cooperation. I'd sketched out
an automated password-changing mechanism a while back (
https://mikewest.github.io/change-password/), which might be a reasonable
place to start the conversation for something more robust if that's
something in which folks end up being interested.

-mike