Re: Single Trust and Same-Origin Policy v2

> On Mar 24, 2017, at 1:00 PM, "Eduardo' Vela\" <Nava>" <evn@google.com> <evn@google.com> wrote:
>
> OK, thanks John.
>
> I'm afraid that we would be introducing a fourth SOP (cookies, DOM/document.domain, XHR/CORS) on top of the plugin ones, but otherwise this sounds like some developers might find it useful.
>
> Do you have any applications that would be made possible thanks to this that today are too cumbersome? Or what is the motivation for this?

The first thing that could go away is the terrible bouncing around to get single sign-on working with “third-party” cookies when there's really only a first-party.

Second, third-party cookie blocking wouldn't have to break as many sites.

Third, postMessage communication to sync things up between frames from the same owner could be made much more elegant.

Fourth, there would be an easy path for when businesses with a web presence are acquired and need to be folded into an existing group of sites.

   Regards, John