Re: Presentation API in non secure contexts

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Richard Barnes <rbarnes@mozilla.com> wrote:

> I'm not trying to apply a "powerful feature" standard.  You'll notice that
> the spec that used to be called "powerful features" is now called "secure
> contexts" because it can be applied to *all* features.

New features continue to be developed and shipped on insecure contexts
(e.g., IntersectionObserver).  What criteria are now used to determine
which are allowed?

> Our starting assumption here should be that any new feature should be
> restricted to secure contexts.  I'm looking for an argument that that
> restriction would be harmful, pointless, etc. before we open it up to
> non-secure contexts.

That is a different position than the one that was offered by WebAppSec
during the previous review.  Does WebAppSec have a position paper or spec
explaining the reasoning for this change I could take back to the group?

m.