Re: Request for comments: Permission Delegation to Iframes

Do we even need an API here?  It seems like you could achieve the same
effect with less back-and-forth / code changes by stipulating that
permissions requested from iframe are only valid in the scope of the
top-level page.  That might make some iframed stuff sad, but you could
still get full cross-site-usable permissions if you get users to visit your
site.

I admit that this doesn't have a great transition story.  Do you have any
telemetry on how often permissions-requesting things are used from
iframes?  That will bound our ability to do stuff in any case.