Re: Securing the security reviews in W3C - how to proceed ?

On 21/07/2016 15:49, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:34 PM, GALINDO Virginie
> <Virginie.Galindo@gemalto.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for jumping in that thread if you believe you can help with improving security reviews in W3C !
>
> I think increasing the overall security competence and understanding
> of the same-origin policy, through self-review and learning, is much
> more important than delegating the task to a pool of "experts". The
> idea of having "accessibility", "internationalization", and now
> "security" pillars has proven not to scale and has done more harm than
> good. It's good to have communities where you can go for help, but
> making them responsible doesn't really work.

+1 (and then some).

We have this problem with accessibility. We spent too long doing
accessibility for other people, instead of helping them to do it for
themselves.

We now recognise this isn't sustainable, and we're trying to educate
people, and to create tools that make it easier to incorporate
accessibility into a project lifecycle. We're also trying to support
people as they gain the skills they need.
Léonie.

--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem