Re: Iframes and credit card security

Thanks Patrick,

You're right about compliance, but I think there should be a little more to it, simply because merchants can be held liable for fraud (maybe it's via refunds, or it maybe the full cost of re-issuing cards + fines).

I think this other BrainTree example (Client-side Encryption) has exactly the same problem as the iframe one... the customer receives the payment form from the merchant website, in the address bar they see the merchants domain name, so when the customer is entering their credit card details, in their view, they are giving that information to the merchant.

Because of that, I think the merchants website should go though the full compliance check (SAQ-A-EP), which will at least verify they are running up to date software, not using FTP, insecure passwords, etc.

And while I know the full compliance check isn't perfect, it at least gets people to double check things.

Craig