Re: [CSP][SRI] block-non-sri-resources: * or no *?

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Neil Matatall <oreoshake@github.com> wrote:

> During the last teleconference [1], we discussed the future of using
> `*` as a source expression in a `block-non-sri-resources` context.
> Whether this lands as part of CSP, in a separate header, etc. we
> should decide if `*` is allowed as a value.

​We have the option of not deciding yet: '*' currently isn't a whole lot
shorter than the only supported values of ​'script' 'style'​. Later, when
we do introduce all those other possible values we can also introduce '*'.

That will introduce the problem of future websites using '*' and old
browsers not understanding it. That's probably OK given that the two
browser engines which currently support SRI update quickly. In practice we
should be fine.

-Dan Veditz