Re: HSTS, mixed content, and priming

On 08/24/2015 08:02 AM, Richard Barnes wrote:
> tl;dr: If we add priming requests for HSTS, we can allow HSTS-upgraded
> reqeusts from HTTPS pages, and avoid the need for scheme changes.
I like this idea a lot.

One thing: in u-i-r, there is a notion that a site may work for UAs that
implement u-i-r, but break due to MCB for UAs that do not. Sites will
want to make a decision on whether to redirect HTTP visitors to HTTPS
based on whether they support priming. So we probably need a header
announcing support, similar to the one in u-i-r.