Re: Referrer value for resources fetched from CSS

On 10/7/15 10:19 AM, Jochen Eisinger wrote:
> 1) create a stylesheet, update the referrer URL (using the history API),
> insert an element that matches a rule which loads an external resource
>
> Here, Chrome and Firefox use the URL from before the history API
> modifications.

So just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, you were using
a <style> element here, not a <link> element?

> I think in any case, referrer and referrer policy should behave the
> same. Anne raised the point on IRC that it's odd to ignore changes, so I
> propose to spec that both the referrer URL as well as the referre! r
> policy from when the network request is triggered should be used.

I think we should be clear on whether we're talking about the <style>
element case, the <link> element case, or the @import case.  We should
specify behavior for all of these.

-Boris