Re: Proprietary dependencies (was Re: Request for review of the Presentation API from a security perspective)

[ +bcc public-secondscreen ]

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your comments. The Second Screen Working Group [1] received similar feedback during the TAG review of the spec. To address TAG's as well as your concern, discussions were started to recharter the Second Screen *Community* Group [2] with the following goals (from the work-in-progress CG charter [3]):

[[

Specifically, the CG provides a venue for discussing and incubating early proposals that aim to:

* define a base set of protocols that Presentation API implementers can refer to to implement the spec;
* improve interoperability between implementations, i.e. the possibility to associate a presentation controller with a presentation receiver even if they have not been implemented by the same user agent.

]]

Mozilla has provided valuable input to these discussions.

Thanks,

-Anssi (Second Screen WG and CG chair)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2014/secondscreen/

[2] https://www.w3.org/community/webscreens/