Re: [CSP3] Question on the use case of the CSP request header

If a CSP policy is present, the user agent will always send the hint with
requests from that resource. The resource doesn't get a choice.   If the
resource doesn't set a CSP, the side-channel (of noticing whether a
redirect was blocked or not based on such a policy) is gone, and with it
the potential information leak.