Re: Charter Addition Proposal: "Trusted Code" for the Web

23.03.2015, 20:32, "Anders Rundgren" <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>:
> On 2015-03-23 19:49, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:
>>  OK, it seems I have so far failed to understand what you are really trying to achieve,
>>  so let me try again…
>
> NP.
>>  23.03.2015, 19:43, "Anders Rundgren" <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>:
>>>  On 2015-03-23 19:18, Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi Jeffrey,
>>>  Close.  In my take on this, trusted code is supplied in native level applications
>>>  that have been specifically vetted for this usage.
>>  Where there is a trusted application installed on a device, you want a web application
>>  to be able to pass information to that app, and get it back?
>
> Yes, that is the core and is what hundreds of different applications already do,
> albeit using non-standard methods.

Whee! I think I understand the rough problem, at least…

> If we take a subject you are involved in, Web Payments, a local wallet would be an
> excellent target application.

Sure. Some other possibilities to check I have roughly the right idea:

One is a graphics application I happen to have bought might be what I want to use for editing my photos on Yandex disk, instead of the built-in online editor.

One of the things that drives me nuts about online document editors is having them fall over when I am offline. I would rather be able to use an installed document editor, and pass edited documents, or changesets, back. Github

> Hopefully the referred web2native bridge presentation is also worth a brief peek.

I already looked at it and didn't see what I was missing… but I think I'm getting there now.

cheers