Re: [UPGRADE]: What's left?

Dkg and I happen to be physically colocated and have been looking
through the draft.

The first significant issue we spotted is that the client will
(unfortunately) need to keep signalling whether or not it supports this
mechanisms even over HTTPS requests.  The reason is that in many cases
HSTS needs to be set conditionally on this feature.

We've put together a pull request for this change:

https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/pull/209

Unfortunately that does mean this mechanism is going to add a lot of
bytes on the wire, and we should consider mitigations like shortening
the Prefer: header, or only sending the Prefer: header for magic HTTPS
URLs like favicon.ico (since it's just going to be there to refresh
HSTS once every so often).

--
Peter Eckersley                            pde@eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131