Re: CfC: Republish MIX as CR; deadline July 29th.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> That's not what I think we agreed on. If it was, the discussion around
> `window` and `client` would have been shorter and simpler. :)

Come to think of it, it wouldn't work, since you have no reference to
a window in those cases. However, it was one of the use cases people
had, for podcast applications and such.

>> I don't understand the suggestion. When fetch() is used in the service
>> worker the context already changes.
>
> In the case where I'm passing a request through from a document, the
> incoming Request's `context` will be something like `image`, and the Service
> Worker will copy that Request object and pass it to `fetch()`, which sets a
> `context` to `fetch`. Rather than examining the `window` attribute to see if
> this is a kind of `fetch` we should allow or deny, we can set some
> `originalContext` (or whatever) attribute on the new Request to `image`, and
> check that when evaluating the outgoing request. That seems simpler than the
> current language in the spec, and less likely to inadvertently change in the
> future.

I think the window bit is the most important aspect though, since it's
what influences whether or not we can show UI. That, combined with
mode being "no-cors". "originalContext" captures neither and would be
confusing with suggested features such as "destination context" (see
Fetch GitHub issues) and such.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/