Re: [mixed-content] DASH Players and Mixed Content

There was a proposal of this sort (not a blanket exception, but a safer way
to allow for video-over-HTTP to HTTPS pages) by Ryan Sleevi, the start of
the thread can be found here:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2015Feb/0371.html

We discussed this last week at our face-to-face in Berlin, and the feel of
the room seemed to be that the proposal was technically sound, we weren't
sure who exactly the customers of it would be.  I think Ryan had Netflix in
mind given their previous reluctance to move to TLS for delivery, but with
that resolved, nobody has publicly stepped up as wanting to adopt such a
solution.  Our informal rule of thumb in this group is that we've wanted
expressions of interest from two "customers" of a feature before we start
working on something.

Ben, do you maintain a player like this, or know someone who does, who
would be willing to examine and comment on Ryan's proposal?

thanks,

Brad Hill