Re: CfC: Mixed Content to PR; deadline July 6th.

Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:14 PM, Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org> wrote:
> > Having MIX talk only about pre-connection/pre-fetching blocking wouldn't
> > restrict other specifications (or even later versions of MIX) from
> > specifying post-connection blocking.
>
> The response blocking is required for service workers. We shouldn't remove
> it.

Sorry, but I don't understand how a service worker can even access
non-secure resources. In particular, since only secure origins can use
service workers, any use of fetch() by a service worker to fetch a
non-secure resource will fail due the pre-connect blocking in section 5.2.
Could you show an example of when post-connect blocking is needed by
service workers? A link to a test case for post-connect blocking in Firefox
would be OK.

Cheers,
Brian