Re: CfC: Mixed Content to PR; deadline July 6th.

Tanvi,

1) upgrade-insecure-requests does not cascade to child browsing contexts
like iframes.  So if I want to guarantee that, e.g. an advertisement served
in an iframe could never "break the lock" of the parent page (a common
request from many resource operators)

2) upgrade-insecure-requests also doesn't mandate that optionally-blockable
mixed content be blocked if an upgrade fails.

I think we could make the semantics of upgrade more strict, but they're
really targeting different things.  "Upgrade" is really targeted to a
resource I control with "hard-coded" links to other resources I'm pretty
sure are available over https.  "Strict" is targeted for making sure that
even 3rd party content I don't control, may not know about in advance, and
which may not have secure equivalents available, can never will make an
http request in the context of my resource or its child contexts.

-Brad