Re: Proposal: A pinning mechanism for CSP?

Ok that's fair.  Yea, to be honest I can even see CSP headers in a manifest
for some sites. Configuring all this in one place is compelling. So I hope
we can do a manifest OR per-page headers, with per-page headers taking
precedence.

Rock on!
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Jan 23, 2015, at 9:18 AM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Jim Manico <jim.manico@owasp.org> wrote:

> We need to apply these headers differently per-page at times, so I say
> no to a manifest-like structure.

I think Freddy's proposal was related to the host-wide pinned items, not
the per-page CSP header.

Those pins could certainly fit into a manifest. Maybe that's even a good
idea!

The reason we've traditionally resisted going that route is that it would
involve either reducing the security of the initial request, or causing a
synchronous request to block loading a page. Neither seems like an awesome
tradeoff.

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)