Re: Strict mixed content checking (was Re: MIX: Exiting last call?)

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:

> I'd like to suggest that you rename the directive to
>> "no-mixed-content". I think "checking" in the name doesn't aid in
>> comprehension and is just noise. I also think "no" would be clearer
>> than "strict" in conveying the effects to a web developer who hasn't
>> read the spec.
>>

> Sounds reasonable.
>
> Any objections? Going once... going twice...

While typing it, I realized that "no-mixed-content" could be interpreted as
"No, we're not checking mixed content. Everything's wonderful with these
insecure resources!"

I've run with "block-all-mixed-content" instead:
https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/commit/d9907898755234c3d3967e56227a9fd3ab480ef3.
Hopefully that's unambiguous.

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)