Re: [MIX] Require HTTPS scripts to be able to anything HTTP scripts can do.

Indeed .  The example is loading legacy http: data from a secure web app.

> There's already a problem with that today, it requires the other
> origin to use CORS.

CORS does not work with a secure app and a http: data site.
The wildcard CORS is blocked.

Or you have to put your script on a http: page for it to work.

Hence my suggestion is is broken to have something work from a http page but not from an https one.

> If it does not have that you need to use a proxy

This means that the actual application center of mass is moved onto the server.
This makes yet another silo.
This makes all the user's activity available to the person who runs the proxy.
This makes the user's activity available to anyone who subpoenas or cracks the proxy.

> (or indeed a native app).

Yes.