Re: CORS performance proposal

On 21 February 2015 at 20:43, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> High-byte of what? A URL is within ASCII range when it reaches the
> server. This is the first time I hear of this.

Apparently, all sorts of muck floats around the Internet.  When we did
HTTP/2 we were forced to accept that header field values (URLs in
particular) were a sequence of octets.  Those are often interpreted as
strings in various interesting ways.

I wouldn't *completely* discount the potential for the conversions
Jonas mentions here.  A Java server might parse UTF-8 into the
internal UTF-16 representation and then who knows what happens next.