Re: CfC approved: CSP Level 2 to Candidate Recommendation

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 12:50 AM, Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com> wrote:

> On today's call, we decided to approve the Call for Consensus to advance
> CSP Level 2 to Candidate Recommendation.

I've spun up
https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/CSP2/published/2015-02-CR.html, which
doesn't _quite_ pass pubrules yet, but I think that's because pubrules is
crazy. :)

> We note the following issues of discussion and their resolution (including
>  open objections):
>
> 1) IPv6 address syntax for source matching has been deferred to CSP Level
> 3.  The lack of support for such does not prevent it being added in the
> future in a compatible manner, but the group felt that lacking strong
> interest and well-defined normalization routines for IPv6 at this time was
> not sufficient cause to delay the advancement of CSP2.

I think we deferred IPv4 as well (with the explicit exception of
`127.0.0.1`), as per Brian's suggestions in
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2015Feb/0103.html,
right? I landed
https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/commit/c39f73a5fd93dd68de228a2e8914734c8e14a16c
earlier this morning; I'll revert it if I misunderstood what we agreed upon.

> 2) The referrer policy directives have been moved to the Referrer Policy
> spec and out of CSP, with no objections.

This was
https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/commit/d8fee06f18d96ccd7cb6e8cbdf144878560459d5
.

> 3) The reflected-xss directive will remain, but be marked as "At Risk" and
> will be removed post-CR if multiple interoperable implementations cannot be
> demonstrated.

I actually thought we'd agreed to just defer this to CSP3. I landed
https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/commit/6f89d89bd4965040b9ad30bb8b7ed0105fe4ae10
earlier this morning to do just that. Again, if I misunderstood, I'll
revert it.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)