Re: [SRI] unsupported hashes and invalid metadata

Circling back to this; what do ya'll think should we go with here?

I still believe we should fail open and then go with the SSL style
deprecation Brad suggested.

If a browser knows that a hash is insecure, it can start showing
warning before failing closed. We don't need to spec this.

If a browser doesn't know of a hash, it should just ignore it (maybe
with a warning).

This makes sense to me in that the presence of a known bad hash is a
signal for a UA to make some security decisions; but not knowing an
algorithm might just be that the UA is old enough and doesn't know any
good, safe algorithms.

cheers
Dev