Re: [CSP] Dynamic CSP

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net>
wrote:

> There may be other good arguments for dynamic CSP, but bending CSP in
> potentially dangerous ways specifically to facilitate the
> already-problematic "one URL for the entire webapp" model seems like a
> bad tradeoff.

I don't think "one URL for the whole app" is what we're talking about.
Consider https://github.com/w3c/webappsec. Clicking on `specs/` in the
folder list "navigates" to that directory:
https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/tree/master/specs. The URL is altered via
`pushState()`, and the new data is loaded via XHR. Since the execution
context remains the same, the CSP remains the same as well.

That model isn't at all uncommon. Navigating from folder to folder probably
isn't problematic, but there's no reason the same couldn't be done between
more dissimilar sections of an app.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)