Re: Upgrade mixed content URLs through HTTP header

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I follow this, so apologies for not fully keeping up with the
> shifting thread. When extended to third-party resources, if I embed an HTTP
> image from a third-party origin on a site with HSTS, it will load but
> degrade UI. If I auto-upgrade that other origin to HTTPS, it will fail to
> load - that does seem considerably worse, doesn't it?

Agreed.

I think we have learned over time that coupling is bad and makes
adoption harder. Which I think means that we should offer a way to do
this without also opting into other features.

Therefore a new CSP directive (assuming that does not opt you into
other CSP features) or standalone header to upgrade URLs that would
otherwise be considered mixed content seems more effective.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/