Re: Proposal: A pinning mechanism for CSP?

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 8:55 PM, Daniel Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com> wrote:

> I prefer #2a and #2 would be OK as an interim. I like the consistency of
> #1 but worry it will be too inflexible for complex sites; sites can emulate
> that effect by adding another site-wide CSP header as traffic goes through
> their load-balancer or similar front-end server.
>
> I don't like the way #3 puts the override power in the hands of the
> possibly-injected content. #3a solves that problem but in the end is
> equivalent to a wordier #2a.

Ok, it sounds like we're running up on consensus to run with #2 for the
moment, and to seriously consider adding a "no-override" directive to allow
folks to shoot themselves in the foot in the pursuit of greater security in
the future.

Thanks!

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)