Re: JSON representation of CSP policies

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Nottingham, Mark <mnotting@akamai.com>
wrote:

> Just an aside - if we did a new version of CSP, we could use JSON directly
> for the header syntax:
>   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reschke-http-jfv-01
>
> One of the ideas behind that is that — for headers which use JSON for
> their data model — we could use an alternative binary representation in
> HTTP/3.

Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. It seems more justifiable for CSP
to use a JSON-based syntax given its complexity, and it might be an
interesting opportunity for a clean break with the existing CSP behaviors.
If there are things that we'd like to do in CSP3 that end up being
backwards incompatible with CSP2 (and I'm not entirely sure there are,
yet), changing the syntax entirely might be a good way to do it.

FIled https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/issues/457 to track this.

-mike