Re: CfC to publish a FPWD of Credential Management; ending April 17th.

On 2015-04-10 22:21, Mike West wrote:
> Hello, lovely WebAppSecians. Remember way back in January when I sent out a pre-CfC to prime the pump for the credential management API[1]? You've probably been checking your inbox daily since then, waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

I don't have any opinion about the FPWD but the prioritization of "nice to have" additions over "there's no other way" features like covering the hole in the web that occurred when the browser-vendors unilaterally decided deprecating plugins like NPAPI and ActiveX without any considerations of the millions of people who actually relied on such.

The recent premature closing of SysApps[1] and failure of WebCrypto.Next[2] indicate that the "true" Web model needs to be revised.

It is not only obscure EU government agencies or banks that use extension schemes, I assume that this cool Intel product does this as well:
http://ipt.intel.com/Home/How-it-works/network-security-identity-management/ipt-with-near-field-communications

Anders

1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/2015Apr/0000.html

2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-security/2015Feb/0034.html