Re: CORS and 304

> On 8 Apr 2015, at 2:33 pm, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>
>> I'd be happy to work on some proposals to fix that, if you're amenable.
>
> Sure. It seems to me though that if it's not in the cache you make
> network fetch and only then can you handle 304. But I guess that could
> be more tightly coupled than say, redirects, although it seems
> somewhat odd.

You only get a 304 (legitimately) when you send a conditional request, and the browser will only send a conditional request when it has something in cache — but that thing is stale (hence the conditional request).

If the client-side code is generating the conditional request and trying to handle the 304 themselves, yes it's a problem (and IIRC we left that as unsolveable last time around).

>> Not sure what's new here — every browser I tested passed the core of that suite.
>
> Well that certainly argues for changing the specification. Is there
> overlap in the tests they don't pass?

IIRC it was the stuff you asked me to add around Access-Control-Expose-Headers.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/